My First Fishing Trip @ Kid's Kampong
On the 17th June, my mum planned a wonderful trip to Pasir ris to visit the Kids Kampong - to catch longkang fish and also to see live farm animals which I always read about them in books. The trip was even more enjoyable with Abang Aqil, Alya and Marsya around.
Even the journey to the Kids Kampong is very deep in and the surrounding is very similar to kampong area- with rocky and uneven road and long lalangs by the road sides! It was a bit bumpy ride to Kids Kampong.
I guess the highlight of the trip was really catching the longkang fish, which my mum taught was pretty easy (ya right mum!). I had a great time running around and shouting at the fish. Well, I thought that was the best strategy to catch the fish. So, myself,marsya and Abang Aqil just tired ourselves by running after the fish BUT did not catch any fish. and the funny thing was, Alya, who is only 1 yr old, caught her first fish!!!
With help from mum and aunty mas, and of course with their funny strategy (like my mum will push all the fish to the corner while aunt Mas catch the fish). So finally, I managed to catch 2 fish.
After that, we feed the animals found there. I find the kois pretty scary. As I was about to feed them, suddenly a swarmp of them rush towards me and jumping up and down in the pool. Mum was cheeky by trying to put my hand near the kois. Of course it scared me! Imagine their teeth sinking into my cutie palm (erm, actually sucking, not biting). A really phobiatic experience.
Next, I saw swan, rabbits, hens,ducks and terrapin. Well, i feel these animals are not as pretty as those found in the books. I even saw an injured rabbit in the cage shivering.
After spending hour, we finally call it a day and send our fish to an uncle who actually took our caught fish and in exchange gave us a big packet of more fish!! I was so excited to take care of my fish! Cant wait to show it to my grandma.
Unfortunately, the next day, after transferring the fish into another big tupperware, i found out all the fish had died. I feel so bad for bringing them back. Mum felt bad too. So, the next time when we visit the place again, we are not bringing anymore fish back.
p/s: Mum needs time to collect all the pics i took with my friends before I can blog about them. till then, toodles!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home